Massive Revamp to URLresolver Just Pushed
URLresolver is a type of addon that is known as a dependency module within Kodi. It provides the necessary functionality for Kodi addons to play cyberlocker hosted content. Basically it allows Kodi to access cyberlocker hosted links as if they were direct links, resolving them to play instantly, rather than force you to manually click through different pages to access the content like you would conventionally within your web browser.
It is an essential component to virtually all video add-ons regardless of where they come from or who they are developed by, and is contibuted to by many developers, and maintained by none other than Eldorado and tknorris. URLresolver updates have always been pushed through the official Kodi repository, however are now also being automatically pushed more regularly to users of the most popular add-ons, including 1Channel and Stream All The Sources.
This latest URLresolver update was spearheaded by lambda81 (of Genesis fame) for the most part because he is currently working on a new addon, and wanted it to be powered by the universal URLresolver, as opposed to internal resolvers as he did in the past. Now all Kodi addons can benefit from lambda81’s custom resolver work, with over 143 source files changed and over 7000 lines of code changes, major improvements!
Some of the major URLresolver improvements are:
- Every resolver has been reviewed and fixed, as needed
- Every defunct resolver has been removed
- Five new resolvers have been added
- Simply-Debrid is now supported
- Google’s ReCaptcha Version 2 is now supported (“I’m not a robot” checkboxes)
- New method of simplifying ReCaptcha has been added
- FilePup’s resolver has been updated to a hoster supported method (meaning less frequent breakage)
- Simplification across the board to make adding resolvers easier
Congratulations! Assuming you have one of the addons that have the community resolvers set as a dependency (we’re hoping all addon authors will add this functionality in the future), you should already have the update, without having to do anything at all. Should you have any questions or comments, feel free to visit our Discussion Forums, because we’re always there when you need us.