Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WineAnt View Post
    Thanks bifftaz for your reply. 1st going to try to understand Geo-locking, before moving on to best VPN for speed.
    Is it possible for one, let's say Exodus, to be Geo-locked, unless you are in the US, and say, streams in, say Phoenix, to be blocked unless you're in the UK?

If so, that'll mean I need to change my VPN's country to US, if I want Exodus to work. And then go back to my VPN and change the country to the UK, for Phoenix to work.

If that is the case, it seems like of a lot of hassle.

Am I wrong in saying, there seems to be a lot of "country" changes to be made, each time I want to stream a certain stream, blocked for a certain country?

...that the NORM?

If you're only streaming and not torrenting you may find a smartDNS is a better option for you. You don't have to manually change anything as it's pretty much set up and forget.

Everyone is going to have different opinions on which paid vpn has the best this & best that. But for price & IMO, PIA (Private Internet Access). People say that speeds for PIA are up & down, But it does its job well & is very cheap compared to other (Maybe best place to start with PIA because is cheap & you can use a month to test & mess around to see if it's for you). For me personally, I've had best experience & still use is IPVanishVPN (But mostly, Because the referral link I purchased it with had 25% off...).

About being blocked by certain addon by geolocking or a site being block your ISP... I don't think it matters what server you chose or IP location you chose, All traffic will be unblocked & passed through dedicated offshore servers first, Then sent to you perfectly fine with VPN. I use UK as my IP/server location (because I get better speeds using servers closest to me) & still get access to site that are normally blocked for me
    Last edited by bifftaz; 05-13-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks everyone for all your replies.

Much appreciated. I'll go through the replies again, and try and understand better.

Last two replies got bit technical, here and there.

I was reading through the replies too and definitely the last ones were technical though. I would like to sum up for you, the vpn will simply cloak your original ip with the IP you want to use to get the streaming addon. Price differences are surely there.

Quote Originally Posted by WineAnt View Post
    If so, that'll mean I need to change my VPN's country to US, if I want Exodus to work. And then go back to my VPN and change the country to the UK, for Phoenix to work.

If that is the case, it seems like of a lot of hassle.

Am I wrong in saying, there seems to be a lot of "country" changes to be made, each time I want to stream a certain stream, blocked for a certain country?

...that the NORM?
    There is also ********, which is a custom solution for video streaming from a well respected developer of Kodi addons, using IPVanish servers.

This solution offers an integrated Kodi addon allowing switching countries to be accessible via the context menu, or it can even be set up to auto switch to a specific country based on what addon you open.

A 7 day free trial is available for testing and evaluation.
    If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the Thanks button to show me your appreciation :)

For YouTube questions please see the Official thread on Kodi.tv here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267160, including the latest info in Post 1, and the Personal API Key Instructions and FAQ in Posts 2 & 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12