Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Team TV ADDONS Developer tknorris's Avatar

Stream All The Sources (aka SALTS) - V2.0.136 - 2017-01-06

We are happy to announce another public release, V2.0.136, of the Stream All The Sources (SALTS) Addon.

Detailed Description
    SALTS uses Trakt.tv for content discovery, metadata, artwork, list management, and general browsing of movie/TV Show content. Hoster aggregation sites (e.g. PrimeWire.ag) are then only used when starting playback for an Episode or Movie. The addon is designed from the beginning to add new hoster aggregation sites quickly. At the moment it takes me less than an hour, on average, to add a new site to the addon.

Installing:
    The release versions of SALTS are available in the tknorris release repository which can be installed via fusion.

If you are interested in accessing some SALTS functions from the library install the SALTS Context Tools:
    Current SALTS Context Menu Tools Release: 1.0.0
    SALTS Context Menu Tools Detailed Change Log

Last edited by tknorris; 01-06-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    Read the SALTS FAQ before posting questions in the Beta/Release threads.
    Posting your log: Read Article or Watch Video
    ***Error reports without a log may be deleted***

Banned
    I have been a SALTS fan from its initial launch. Genesis receives all accolades here and rightfully so but when it comes to a fully intergrated Trakt experience, Genesis is cool but Stream All The Sources rules.

Quote Originally Posted by mjbxx View Post
    ... when it comes to a fully intergrated Trakt experience, Genesis is cool but Stream All The Sources rules.
    What does SALTS do better / differently in this respect?

CONGRATULATIONS @TKNORRIS!

as you know, many of your loyal SALTS fans/users, including me, have voiced our thoughts that SALTS has been ready for official release for a long time (basically ever since trakt stabilized) but i admire your conviction and determination to make absolutely certain that SALTS was ready for official release to the public, that their initial experience would be as smooth as you could possibly make it, your attention to detail and quality is impressive, SALTS is an absolutely amazing add-on and i have no doubt this will be an extremely smooth official release

i, like @mjbxx and many others, have also been using it since it was first released and i dont know what i would do without it, i also want to say that the support you provide for SALTS, and across your other add-ons and all those you contribute to for that matter, is superb, your responsive and intuitive, equally impressive at solving problems or discussing feature requests, i was really fortunate to enjoy the SALTS beta journey and ive learned a great deal from it and you

i know there are some people out there that dont want to mess with a trakt account and while SALTS will work without a trakt account it is most definitely a trakt add-on and you will get the most out of it if you use a trakt account, if you don't already have an account you really should consider getting one, more and more add-ons are using it as it provides powerful library/collection management and tracking as well as providing access to a great and growing tv and film enthusiast community, trakt users can enjoy the social and community features it offers, among other things you can access content your friends and those you follow recommend or any lists that they create from within SALTS, of course trakt also provides the standard public lists as well like 'trending' and 'most popular'

as we have discussed before, i think your beta release was undermined by the trakt upgrade so im really glad to see this thread, my bet is that people will start seeing how well SALTS works now that trakt is stable and that SALTS offers all the functionality a person could want, i mean obviously its awesome at streaming tv and movies (amazing collection of scrapers/hosts) but im not sure everyone realizes it has a poweful download module with multiple options for tracking download progress, or that youve built in all the amazing calendar and next episode functions among other things

SALTS is already in the top three add-ons imho but i think it will soon be on most peoples short list of favorite add-ons, after all:

'everything is better with SALTS' (cant remember exactly who coined that, lol)

in summary, SALTS is an absolutely amazing add-on and you my friend are an amazing developer, much respect and gratitude for all the hard work you put into your add-ons and this community, it wouldnt be the awesome community it is without you, thats for sure!
    Last edited by s7eele; 05-15-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s7eele View Post
    in summary, SALTS is an absolutely amazing add-on and your an amazing developer, much respect and gratitude for all the hard work you put into your add-ons and this community, it wouldnt be as awesome as it is without you, thats for sure!
    Well said s7eele!

I just tested a "clean" installation using the "Auto-Configure SALTS" option and it works "just like magic" (I always struggled with the sorting options).

Thanks.

I have been using SALTS since the beginnings and for a long time now the only real issues I have had were really more trakt API issues.
    Like s7eele said, as good as the addon is, it's tknorris' dedication and awesome support that really put it over the top.

Congrats on the 1.0 release. I haven't tried this add-on for a little while due to the previous Trakt slowness/issues, I'll have to give it another shot now.

It says there is an update available but it won't download.

I had to uninstall and reinstall to get the update. It happens from time to time. You won't lose your settings.

Team TV ADDONS Developer tknorris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dkplayaclub View Post
    I had to uninstall and reinstall to get the update. It happens from time to time. You won't lose your settings.
    Kodi overloads github and it throws 403 errors. Sometimes you just have to wait.
    Read the SALTS FAQ before posting questions in the Beta/Release threads.
    Posting your log: Read Article or Watch Video
    ***Error reports without a log may be deleted***

Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast