View Poll Results: Where are you from? This info is needed to try to optimize the streaming speed.

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Europe

22 34.38%
  • North America

32 50.00%
  • South America

1 1.56%
  • Africa

1 1.56%
  • West Asia

2 3.13%
  • East Asia

3 4.69%
  • Australia / Oceania

3 4.69%
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
    Addon Developer
    Premiumize Speeds

As some of you might know and participated, a few weeks back we did some speed tests with the users on this forum. I've been in contact with the Premiumize CEO again with regards to the speed test results. A number of you, especially in North America got exactly 40mbps for Premiumize speeds. Not 39.9 or 40.1, but exactly 40. This got me wondering whether or not the connection speeds are limited. However, Premiumize indicated that their server connection speeds are unlimited. They said they will look into why this happens - they are also just hosting with other data-centers, which might have these restrictions imposed. I'll keep youi updated on an y new info.

Also: The next version of Bubbles will have a public speed test participation where you can share your speed results and compare how other people in the world and your country compare with regards to global, PRE, RD, and EasyNews speed. There will also be a lot more speedtest for about 25 countries worldwide. Thanks a lot to one of our users, mystik, for his much appreciated help in getting this feature going.

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesaddon View Post
    What do you mean by cached torrents are down? Are you not finding any cached torrents, or are they not playing? Everything seems to work fine on my side. So might be that US servers are down, although I'm not sure if my PRE connects to US or Europe, so might be a temporary downtime - not a Bubbles problem.
    Cached torrents are listed, but when you click them, it says "Bubbles Stream Failure; The stream link is down." I was having trouble playing any files in Bubbles last night. So, I went into verification for accounts, and Premiumize is failing. I can login fine from the web.

Movie Problems

Many of you have reported problems with movies not showing. I have noticed the same thing. Some of you have mentioned torrents and PRE not working. I have not seen any problems with that, and all that should work.

There is however a problem with the movie lists (arrivals, new releases, home releases, top rated, etc) that show very few or no movies at all. It seems that OMDb which Bubbles relies on has changed their API to now require an API key, previously the service was open. So if you got to http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt2005151&plot=full&r=json for instance, you will notice that it now asks for an API key. So either I have to bring in another account which users require to have (which is not optimal), or I have to completely rewrite the way Bubbles retrieves movies, and that will take a very long time.

For now you will have to search movies manually (search function should still be fine) and play from there.
    Seems to me the thing to do in this case is....

Require the account...since it would be sad to see you working so much on that rather than other things. I suggest that you show a message on first load of the new version with info saying the account is required for movies...and then direct to the page where they can click to visit URL like now, signup, and then enter info.

That way, whether someone is using the addon for the very first time or updating, they'll know what is needed, and can get it going...then not worry about it anymore.

Addon Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    Cached torrents are listed, but when you click them, it says "Bubbles Stream Failure; The stream link is down." I was having trouble playing any files in Bubbles last night. So, I went into verification for accounts, and Premiumize is failing. I can login fine from the web.
    No, I'm not having any problems with PRE. My verification works, and all torrents/usenet/hoster over PRE are playing fine. Please try again tomorrow, maybe they have servers problems. If it's not up tomorrow, let me know and I'll contact PRE to find out what's going on.

No, I'm not having any problems with PRE. My verification works, and all torrents/usenet/hoster over PRE are playing fine. Please try again tomorrow, maybe they have servers problems. If it's not up tomorrow, let me know and I'll contact PRE to find out what's going on.
    (y) Will do.

Addon Developer
    Movie Problems

Some bad new guys. OMDb API has gone private and you must now pay at least $1 per month to use their stuff. Seems that some work lies ahead to rewrite Bubbles. Don't want users to be required to get paid accounts to use the functionality.

More info on their website: http://www.omdbapi.com/

EDIT: Just talked to viper2k4 (current Exodus dev) about this problem and he now uses Trakt to get the movie info. So that should not be as much work, and most users probably already have a Trakt account (however those lists will then also be subject to Trakt server failures). For now, use the search function.
    Last edited by bubblesaddon; Yesterday at 03:50 PM.

Movie Problems

Some bad new guys. OMDb API has gone private and you must now pay at least $1 per month to use their stuff. Seems that some work lies ahead to rewrite Bubbles. Don't want users to be required to get paid accounts to use the functionality.

More info on their website: http://www.omdbapi.com/
    Ouch. That is rough. Yea, if it's paid only...that's not good. :/ Really hate to hear that; sorry you have to deal with that.

Suggestion: If Premiumize (or RealDebrid, for that matter) fails, and it is your default provider for a source type, try switching to RealDebrid (or whatever other source is available, if there is one). If there is no other source available, perhaps not showing the links that won't play would be best?

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495