Page 1 of 268 1231151101 ... LastLast

Quasar Providers - Unofficial Quasar Repo

Quasar Providers

What is Quasar?
    Quasar is an torrent finding and streaming engine. It doesn't go on torrent websites for legal reasons. However, it calls specially crafted addons (called providers) that are installed separately. They are normal Kodi addons, and thus can be installed/updated/distributed just like any other addon.

The project is a fork from scakemyer of the well known, but no longer maintained Pulsar project from steeve. thanks to both of them for their work!

Supported platforms
    >Windows
    >Linux 32/64 bits (starting Ubuntu 12.04)
    >Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi, Cubox i4pro etc...)
    >OS X 64 bits
    >Android ARM and x64

Where do I get Quasar?
    From the releases page on GitHub or the 'Unofficial Quasar Repo' link below.

What is a Quasar Provider?
    Quasar Providers are specially crafted addons to function with the Quasar Video Addon. They are seperately installed, normal Kodi addons, and thus can be installed/updated/distributed just like any other addon.
    The Quasar Video Addon will not function without a Provider installed.

How to Write your own Provider(s)
    Writing Plugins for Kodi can be a rewarding experience, you get to build something and you get to contribute back to an amazing community.

Sample Quasar provider: https://github.com/scakemyer/script.quasar.dummy

Where to Download Providers
    Providers can be downloaded from the Unofficial Quasar Repo or Unofficial Quasar Repo Mirror. Both repositories are frequently updated and maintained by iCanuck with special thanks to mancuniancol for his Providers. Installing both repositories will ensure you always have the latest version of provider(s).

Unofficial Quasar Repository (1.0.4) - Download Link

Unofficial Quasar Repository Mirror (1.0.3) - Download Link

FAQ
    How to report provider bugs?
    Put your kodi.log on pastebin and post it in this thread, the post must be directed to the author of the provider in question.
    If you don't know how to do this, just follow the guide at: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

How many Providers can I have enabled at one time?
    Depending on your internet service provider's speed you may enable up multiple Quasar Providers at once. If you enable too many providers at once this will cause Quasar to timeout and you will receive a notification that the 'script has failed'. The timeout can be changed manually via the Quasar Video Addon Settings.

How do I Enable/Disable Providers?
    Providers can be enabled or disabled the same as any other Kodi addon.
    Settings -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> Unofficial Quasar Repo -> the provider title -> Enable/Disable

How do I configure Provider settings?
    Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> Programs -> the provider title -> Configure
    or
    Settings -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> Unofficial Quasar Repo -> the provider title -> Configure

How can I get my Provider hosted on Unofficial Quasar Repo?
    Contact iCanuck via private message.

Last edited by iCanuck; 04-05-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Great Finally a place to talk with problems

Please advice. Best pair of providers for general movies and series. Cause cant use more than2 actually:

Now Im using TorrentZ + Strike

Torrentz, torrentproject and btjunkie.eu are metasearch providers. That means that pull information from the several providers. I don't use strike, then I can't say anything about it. In my case, I like the combination thepiratebay and torrentz.
    Last edited by mancuniancol; 04-07-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mancuniancol View Post
    Torrentz, torrentproject and btjunkie.eu are metasearch providers. That means that pull information from the several providers. I don't use strike, then I can't say anything about it. In my case, I like the combination thepiratebay and torrentz.
    Ill try with them. But as I said before would be great to Pulsar let me use 3 or 4 providers without error or time limit. Im always looking for a good combination for searching New and Old Movies and Series. But with only 2 providiers is a little difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBrA View Post
    Ill try with them. But as I said before would be great to Pulsar let me use 3 or 4 providers without error or time limit. Im always looking for a good combination for searching New and Old Movies and Series. But with only 2 providiers is a little difficult.
    I know that Steeve promised to allow to configure the time-out setting. But, it was not in the latest release. For me, it depends of the hour of the day. In the mornings, Pulsar can handle more providers than at night. I think that the traffic could make slower the provider. I wish sooner than later to be able to config that time to 30s instead of 4s

I dont know if this is interesting for anyone but I search some movies and tv episodes (no so new) to see which websites gives me more results. I used the Browser, not the in Pulsar search. And that are the results:

Seeders

Relatos Salvajes 720p - 1080p

TorrentProject 125 - 220
    btjunkie 184 - 256
    Strike 0 - 71
    Torrentz none
    ExtraTorrent 0 - 1400
    Kickasstorrents none

Old School

TorrentProject 19 - 17
    btjunkie 93 - 12
    Strike 18 - 18
    Torrentz 66 - 10
    ExtraTorrent 65 - 0
    Kickasstorrents 14 - 17

TorrentProject 0 - 65
    btjunkie 252 - 53
    Strike 312 - 466
    Torrentz 201 - 437
    ExtraTorrent 372 - 481
    Kickasstorrents 179 - 590

Walking Dead S03E02 SD 720p 1080p

TorrentProject 24 - 7 - 1
    btjunkie 65 - 13 - 0
    Strike 85 - 22 - 168
    Torrentz 28 - 14 - 1
    ExtraTorrent 13 - 146 - 7
    Kickasstorrents 84 - 1 - 0
    EZTV 20 - 8 - 0

Breaking Bad S02E03 SD 720p 1080p

TorrentProject 37 - 1 - 0
    btjunkie 53 - 0 - 0
    Strike 86 - 5 - 0
    Torrentz 73 - 0
    ExtraTorrent none
    Kickasstorrents none
    EZTV 50

Can anyone give ideas how to fine test sites for better results? But I think that using all this sites togehter would be great...
    Last edited by CaBrA; 04-07-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBrA View Post
    I dont know if this is interesting for anyone but I search some movies and tv episodes (no so new) to see which websites gives me more results. I used the Browser, not the in Pulsar search. And that are the results:

Seeders

Relatos Salvajes720p- 1080p

TorrentProject125 -220
    btjunkie 184 -256
    Strike0 - 71
    Torrentznone
    ExtraTorrent0 - 1400
    Kickasstorrentsnone

Old School

TorrentProject19- 17
    btjunkie 93 -12
    Strike18 -18
    Torrentz 66 -10
    ExtraTorrent65 -0
    Kickasstorrents14 -17

TorrentProject0 - 65
    btjunkie 252 -53
    Strike 312 -466
    Torrentz 201 -437
    ExtraTorrent 372 -481
    Kickasstorrents 179 - 590

Walking Dead S03E02 SD720p1080p

TorrentProject 24 -7 - 1
    btjunkie 65 -13 -0
    Strike 85 -22 -168
    Torrentz 28 -14 -1
    ExtraTorrent 13 -146 -7
    Kickasstorrents 84 -1 -0
    EZTV 20 -8 -0

Breaking Bad S02E03SD720p1080p

TorrentProject37 -1 -0
    btjunkie 53 -0 -0
    Strike 86 -5 -0
    Torrentz 73 -0
    ExtraTorrent none
    Kickasstorrentsnone
    EZTV 50

Can anyone give ideas how to fine test sites for better results? But I think that using all this sites togehter would be great...
    It's really just trial and error. I haven't found a technical way to test them.

Quote Originally Posted by mancuniancol View Post
    Strike is also a metasearch provider but I don't know on which sites it is based.
    Last edited by Niks; 04-08-2015 at 03:48 AM.

I don't care if my search takes more than 4 seconds, I want the ability to enable a TON of providers. No matter how well Pulsar works using the providers I have enabled, I always feel like I'm missing something.

Page 1 of 268 1231151101 ... LastLast