Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Exodus Add-on

Exclamation Exodus Add-on

Welcome to Exodus, lambda's next evolution in his development of third party Kodi add-ons. It continues to use a good portion of code that Genesis used but make no mistake, Exodus is not in any way a continuation of Genesis. Do not expect it to behave like Genesis, it is a completely separate and distinct add-on with significant differences that will be discussed in more detail as this post is completed. Below you will find links to installation and setup documents as well as rules for posting about Exodus, review them all thoroughly and check back often for changes:

Installation of Exodus

Exodus - Setup of Debrid Service, Subtitle, Autoplay and Download

Exodus Settings Explained

Exodus - Rules for Posting

This thread is still under construction so we ask that you support lambda and other staff by being patient while it is completed. Exodus setup is much simpler than it was with Genesis and many of you will be familiar with parts of it through use of add-ons from our other developers. Installation and setup isn't difficult but we will work to complete all documentation and thread work as quickly as possible.

1. A dedicated Exodus repository was created so the add-on is found there, not in lambda's repository. It can also be found using our Add-on Installer.

2. Exodus was developed to work on Kodi Isengard or higher. Lambda does not intend to support older versions so don't ask.

3. Library integration has been removed and will not return. This decision was not made lightly, lambda gave it a lot of thought. Maintaining library integration was a lot of work for lambda, this was not the only reason it was removed but frankly it should be enough. There are other add-ons that offer library integration still and there have even been discussions on this forum of other ways to achieve the same thing, that's actually one of the great benefits of Trakt. I don't have time to go into detail atm but I want to warn people against posting to complain about removal of library integration or to ask him to reconsider his decision to remove it. If lambda ever decides to reconsider it he will let us know.

4. The Favourites feature has been removed as well and will not be returning. There were some strategic reasons behind this that were necessary to alleviate issues with 'evil box re-sellers' but again, the simple fact that lambda chose to remove it should be enough. As with library integration, if lambda ever decides to reconsider it he will let us all know.

5. The ability to sort sources in a user preferred order has been removed. Premium services like realdebrid, premiumize and rpnet will always appear at the top of the list and HD will always be shown before SD but beyond that the sources are now returned in a random order. This is so the same servers are not being hammered with traffic continously.

6. This has been discussed previously but it is worth mentioning again. Exodus has far fewer free sources for content and relies more heavily on premium services like those described above. This is one of the best ways to ensure a better end user experience as streams are more plentiful and more reliable. You should not expect to see as many free sources as you are used too seeing with add-ons like Genesis or SALTS.

7. With regard to Trakt scrobbling, this is disabled by default in Exodus. If you want to take advantage of Trakt scrobbling you will have to change the 'Indicator' setting to 'Trakt' on the 'General' settings tab.

Lambda put a lot of time, effort and thought into the way Exodus would operate. There were legitimate reasons for all of the changes but they may not be immediately apparent to everyone and frankly, that's okay. We all know that there were many reasons Genesis development ended but I believe a big part of the problem was how accommodating lambda and many of the long time forum members were. We will not be as lenient as we have been in the past so I caution everyone to tread lightly, especially right after release. Never lose sight of the fact that lambda creates these amazing add-ons because he enjoys doing it, he is not interested in capturing the largest number of users. Once it stops being enjoyable and turns into work it will no doubt come to an end. Please keep that in mind when posting. Lets do our absolute best to be respectful in our postings and keep things as positive as possible. Not only is this a great place to get support but it should be a place people enjoy coming to and spending some time.

More to come soon so check back regularly. In the meantime spend some time with Exodus and get to know it. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have. If the removal of library integration or favourites is a deal killer for you there are plenty of other options to choose from. There have been many recent discussions regarding alternatives so the info can be found with a little searching.

Code:
    --------------------------
    Exodus v1.0.0 (15-Feb-16)

- Initial version

Exodus v1.0.1 (17-Feb-16)

- Code cosmetics.

Exodus v1.1.0 (23-Feb-16)

- Updated indexers
    - Tweaked Trakt progress
    - Updated translations
    - Updated providers

Exodus v1.1.1 (24-Feb-16)

- Updated translations
    - Updated providers

Exodus v1.2.0 (20-Mar-16)

- Updated indexers
    - Updated providers
    - Tweaked mismatch handling
    - Fixed urlresolver compatibility
    - Tweaked Trakt episodes
    - Updated translations

Exodus v1.2.1 (25-Mar-16)

- Updated indexers
    - Updated providers
    - Tweaked mismatch handling
    - Tweaked resolvering
    - Re-work of Trakt authorization
    - Fixed issue with RealDebrid authorization
    - Added option for flatten TV show seasons
    - Added Exuary theme
    - Updated translations

Exodus v1.2.2 (29-Mar-16)

- Updated providers

Exodus v1.3.0 (08-Apr-16)

- Updated indexers
    - Re-work of Trakt lists
    - Better handling of Trakt accounts
    - Tweaked lists for the new default skin
    - Updated current providers
    - Added 6 new providers
    - Depend on URLresolver 3.0
    - Tweaked resolvering

Exodus v1.3.1 (17-Apr-16)

- Updated indexers
    - Added season Trakt indicators
    - Tweaked Trakt indicators caching
    - Tweaked sorting of Trakt lists
    - Updated current providers
    - Added new debrid providers

Exodus v1.3.2 (24-Apr-16)

- Updated providers

Last edited by s7eele; 04-24-2016 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Update changelog for v1.3.2

New version has been released, changelog is in first post which is still under construnction but the thread is now open. Remember it may take some time due to server load but...

Update & Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by s7eele View Post
    New version has been released, changelog is in first post which is still under construnction but the thread is now open. Remember it may take some time due to server load but...

Update & Enjoy!
    Many thanks to Lambda of course, but also a great deal of thanks to you s7eele. You do a great job at keeping us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by idokfire View Post
    Many thanks to Lambda of course, but also a great deal of thanks to you s7eele. You do a great job at keeping us informed.
    Well said bud!

Thanks for all the hard work guys! I'm at work atm, but I'll be sure to give it a go tonight!

Thanks for all the hard work..

hey guys i am new to this stuff.. but i went to try and update Exodus manually and it wont let me select that ot update
    and my fire stick has done a self update for it..

Thank you Lambda, and s7eele .The addon is great. I have only one problem so far. Netflix' new dramedy series "Love", which was released on the 19th of February. Shows up in my trakt (episode thumbs and all), but it says "no stream available". I've tried searching it and it shows up, but still there's no stream available for any of the episodes (other addons had it since the day of it's release). It could be because i don't have a real debrid, idk. Is this show working for you guys who have a real debrid? I may just reactivate my real debrid account later this week depending on the answer.

Thank you for your work guys , I love you !
    Last edited by kiliman; 02-24-2016 at 01:37 AM.

Thank you very much to everyone involved in Exodus and specially to Lambda and s7eele!

Thank you very much for all your awesome work and thank you even more for the kindness of sharing it with us.

Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast