MultiConnection URL Resolver

Eldorado,

I have been trying to get Axel Downloader to work recently as RD link are very slow with a single connection. On PC downloads with JDownloader are 100 X faster. MY Question is have you ever considered rolling Axel Downloader into URL Resolver for faster speeds? If not, will Axel Downloader ever be worked on again?

-G

Team TV ADDONS Developer
    I can't recall when I've last tested it, but from memory I believe Axel should work with URL Resolver.. the ideas behind both are very simple

Have you tried enabling Axel and giving it a test? I'm not sure how many threads it will allow, likely just 2

I really wish we didn't have to do things like this and that Kodi would support multi-threaded downloading on its own

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    I can't recall when I've last tested it, but from memory I believe Axel should work with URL Resolver.. the ideas behind both are very simple

Have you tried enabling Axel and giving it a test? I'm not sure how many threads it will allow, likely just 2

I really wish we didn't have to do things like this and that Kodi would support multi-threaded downloading on its own
    Eldorado,

Thank you for your response. I did try to enable it but the furthest I got was 1ch to send the video to the proxy and the player just exits. I have try looking for a solid guide on how to setup it up full (even thou it should be simple) and Ihave come up with not much as it is an older project. Kodi multi-threaded downloading on its own would be killer but I think it will never happen as this has been an issue\complaint since the days of running on the xbox. Even 2 threads would likely address most buffer issues on the HD stuff.

I do know you are super busy but if you do get a spare moment could you provide a quick and dirty setup guide?

I have tried setting it up but I could not get it working furthest I got was it to pass to the proxy but then the player exits. When you get a moment could you draft up a quick setup guide?

Team TV ADDONS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by gtk1c45bignkrdq View Post
    I have tried setting it up but I could not get it working furthest I got was it to pass to the proxy but then the player exits. When you get a moment could you draft up a quick setup guide?
    There's not much to setup really, basically just enable it in the settings and let er go

Can you post a full debug log of it running? Will need to see everything so don't cut anything off and make sure to enable debugging in the Kodi settings

As requested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3npthl7mtn0z54/kodi.log?dl=0

I was able to get it running with ICE but it freaks out when skipping. Also, there is not a automatic way to force all addons to use it?

Team TV ADDONS Developer
    There is a way with some coding changes to make it an always on service.. though it could interfere with things that you probably don't want it to be working with, it's better if addon dev's choose to use and implement it

Skipping is an issue yeah, it could use quite a bit of work in this area