Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Team TV ADDONS Developer

Icefilms 1.99.70 Beta

1.99.70 Beta released

Fixed Search and Trailer Search - thanks to Maverickz!

1.99.60 Beta released

Just a small update to relocate the Icefilms cache DB, it was previously located in the temp/cache folder and subsequently was getting killed after this Indigo addon started itself up and routinely wipes out this folder (along with your packages folder).. wasn't too happy about that, and won't be until it's changed..

But anyhoo, hopefully no one lost their favourites, queued lists etc. due to that

This version attempts to copy the existing DB over to the Icefilms addon storage folder, and will use that location from now on

Still need to get the Search back up and running for movies.. anyone want to help take a stab at updating the Google search regex?

-- 1.99.10 Beta
    New beta version out, sorry took me so long

- Fixed meta pack download, is now on TVA's own server so shouldn't have issue here again, the pack is also updated to Dec 2016, the pack is used to fill in as much of the Icefilms metadata as possible to help keep the addon fast and to limit our footprint when hitting TMDB

- Added settings option to use your own proxy, this should hopefully help you guys that live in countries where the Icefilms site is blocked, if you have your own proxy or free one give it a try here

As usual let me know of any bugs with debug logs so I can track them down

Still to fix:
    - Downloads and the folder structures
    - Search

There's also a number of new categories and some small features, plus a new graphics refresh for the addon which I will be adding in for the final 2.0 release
    Last edited by Eldorado; 02-22-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Hello, after the last update I'm unable to install the metadata, I'm getting an error after the meta container is downloaded "Icefilms error". This issue only occurs on my Android TV (android 5.1), on PC windows 10 it works fine. I'm using Kodi Krypton latest nightly build (armv7a 32bit > kodi-20170108-60bcae2-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk). I tried downloading the metadata manually but I'm still getting the same error. I also made a fresh install of Kodi hoping to fix the issue but it didn't help.

Log file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23768777/

Thanks in advance for all your hard work.

LE: Also when I performed the fresh install I was getting "Dependencies Failed to Install" when trying to install Trailer addict and Icefilms but after trying multiple times it worked, this occurred on PC and Android TV.
    Last edited by SouLesS; 01-09-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Team TV ADDONS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by SouLesS View Post
    Hello, after the last update I'm unable to install the metadata, I'm getting an error after the meta container is downloaded "Icefilms error". This issue only occurs on my Android TV (android 5.1), on PC windows 10 it works fine. I'm using Kodi Krypton latest nightly build (armv7a 32bit > kodi-20170108-60bcae2-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk). I tried downloading the metadata manually but I'm still getting the same error. I also made a fresh install of Kodi hoping to fix the issue but it didn't help.

Log file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23768777/

Thanks in advance for all your hard work.

LE: Also when I performed the fresh install I was getting "Dependencies Failed to Install" when trying to install Trailer addict and Icefilms but after trying multiple times it worked, this occurred on PC and Android TV.
    It looks like the database is corrupted for some reason

Try resetting the database - open the Icefilms addon settings, go to the meta data tab, select Metahandler Settings, new settings window opens, at the very bottom select Reset Database

Then give the download a try again

If this doesn't work right, try navigating to the Kodi addon data folder and delete the folder for script.metahandler

On Android you might have to use something like ES File Explorer to do this

Team TV ADDONS Developer
    Btw, is anyone else auto updating to this version? I'm wondering if I didn't do my version #'s right and Kodi doesn't think it's a new version

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    It looks like the database is corrupted for some reason

Try resetting the database - open the Icefilms addon settings, go to the meta data tab, select Metahandler Settings, new settings window opens, at the very bottom select Reset Database

Then give the download a try again

If this doesn't work right, try navigating to the Kodi addon data folder and delete the folder for script.metahandler

On Android you might have to use something like ES File Explorer to do this
    Hey, I tried resetting the database and deleted script.module.metahandler but I'm still getting same error the download stops at "10.22MB of 10.21 MB" (not a typo its 10.22) for about 10 seconds and then fails

Here is a new log after deleting script.module.metahandler : https://paste.ubuntu.com/23779717/

Thanks for the help.

Also I think my icefilms auto updated when you released the update can't remember 100%

UPDATE: I also tried to install icefilms in SPMC but I'm getting the same error when trying to download the metadata
    SPMC Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23782241/

UPDATE: After multiple attempts to install the metacontainer it finally worked.
    Last edited by SouLesS; 01-14-2017 at 03:55 PM.

SQLite Database Location

Greetings,

First, let me say, that Icefilms 1.99.10 Beta has been running very well on my Raspberry Pi Linux/LibreELEC box (Thank You).

Next, I would like to make a suggestion (for your consideration) on a possible improvement for Icefilms 2.0 (or 1.99.11 Beta).

Would it be possible to change the default location of "ice_cache.db" from Kodi's "temp" folder (~/.kodi/temp) to Kodi's "Database" folder (~/.kodi/userdata/Database) or even Icefilm's "plugin" folder (~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.icefilms)?

I often find it necessary to clear Kodi's "temp" folder and forget that I will lose my Icefilms Favorites and Cache (when the SQLite Database "ice_cache.db" is deleted).

I realize that I can use an external MySQL Database (and have done so, in the past), but I have recently "retired" my old Windows Server (used for database hosting).

As always, your consideration is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Team TV ADDONS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by mentat View Post
    Greetings,

First, let me say, that Icefilms 1.99.10 Beta has been running very well on my Raspberry Pi Linux/LibreELEC box (Thank You).

Next, I would like to make a suggestion (for your consideration) on a possible improvement for Icefilms 2.0 (or 1.99.11 Beta).

Would it be possible to change the default location of "ice_cache.db" from Kodi's "temp" folder (~/.kodi/temp) to Kodi's "Database" folder (~/.kodi/userdata/Database) or even Icefilm's "plugin" folder (~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.icefilms)?

I often find it necessary to clear Kodi's "temp" folder and forget that I will lose my Icefilms Favorites and Cache (when the SQLite Database "ice_cache.db" is deleted).

I realize that I can use an external MySQL Database (and have done so, in the past), but I have recently "retired" my old Windows Server (used for database hosting).

As always, your consideration is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hmm.. I put it there originally for a specific reason, though now I can't remember exactly why nor if it's even valid anymore

It might have had something to do with the length of the folder path and it having issues on some OS's, though other addons have theirs in the userdata folder and don't seem to be having any issues

I'll look into moving it, will have to put in some code to copy over existing DB's

Team TV ADDONS Developer
    Beta 1.99.50 to handle above request re DB location

I have no audio on HD TV streams, everything else is working fine. Android Nougat/Kodi 17RC.

Any suggestions please?
    (there is no log because it does not throw up an error)

i am trying to install icefilms for the first time today. very excited about checking it out... looks great!

but I am getting frustrated when I load the icefilms addon there is an sqlite exception being thrown as shown below. are you able to help?

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
    Error Contents: unable to open database file
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\benq\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.icefilms\default.py", line 106, in <module>
    db_connection = DB_Connection(addon)
    File "C:\Users\benq\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.icefilms\resources\lib\db_utils.py", line 60, in __init__
    self.__connect_to_db()
    File "C:\Users\benq\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin. video.icefilms\resources\lib\db_utils.py", line 512, in __connect_to_db
    self.db = database.connect(self.db_path)
    OperationalError: unable to open database file
    -->End of Python script error report<--

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast